Mark Your Calendar
AOSW 40th Virtual Annual Conference
May 21-23, 2024
Watch for registration details!
We are now accepting Abstracts for the 2024 40th Annual Conference.
We are accepting proposals for virtual presentation for the following presentation types:
- Paper (60 minutes)
- Panel Symposium (60 or 90 minutes)
- Practice Intensive (2 parts; 90 minutes each)
- Learning Institute (90 minutes)
- Pre-Confernce Workshop (4 hrs)
Detailed instructions for the submission can be found in our Abstract Center. To begin your submission, you will need to log into the AOSW portal. If you do not have a log in, or need to reset your password, please review the instructions on our webpage.
Abstract Mentorship Available
Whether this is your first or 15th submission, assistance is available from a willing group of AOSW members. Anyone seeking guidance with submitting their abstract will be matched with a mentor. Mentors can provide guidance and feedback at any stage of the process; from advice for framing your topic to a final review before hitting "Submit." Contact Committee Member Ana DeVage at [email protected].
Abstract Training Webinar
We are thrilled to invite you to a dynamic two-part series that will empower you to craft compelling abstracts for the 2024 AOSW Conference. Whether you're a seasoned presenter or a first-time submitter, this Research Collaborative series is designed to help you shine!
📅 Session 1: September 29, 2023, 12:00pm CST, 1:00pm EST, 10:00am PT
In the first session, we will dive into the essentials:
- 2024 AOSW Conference Format: Get a sneak peek into the conference format and what to expect.
- Learning Objectives & Abstract Types: Explore the learning objectives and the various abstract types. Our panelists will present examples of abstracts from previous conferences, sparking insightful discussions.
- Best Practices/Lessons Learned: Learn how to navigate the online platform, craft effective learning objectives, build a bibliography, and create your own abstract template.
Speakers/Facilitators: Jen Currin-McCulloch, PhD, LMSW; Bridgette Thom, PhD, MSW; Chiara Acquati, PhD, LMSW, FAOSW
📅 Session 2: October 20, 2023, 12:00pm CST, 1:00pm EST, 10:00am PT
In the second session, we'll get hands-on:
- Collaborative Work: Break into smaller groups based on topics and areas of interest/submission format, working collaboratively on your ideas and draft abstracts.
- Synthesize Insights: Reconvene as a larger group to share common challenges, strategies, and insights.
Speakers/Facilitators: Michelle Ferretti, LCSW, OSW; Chiara Acquati, PhD, LMSW, FAOSW
This two-part series is a fantastic opportunity to elevate your abstract writing skills, connect with fellow OSWS, find some common themes/areas of interest, and prepare your submission to the 2024 AOSW Conference.
Mark your calendars, spread the word, and get ready to turn your ideas into impactful abstracts! We can't wait to see you there!